Frequently Asked Customer Questions
Our team debunks the most common questions about our roofing services.
Why choose South Side Roofing?
- Proudly serving the St. Louis community since 1920
- Fully insured
- Locally owned and operated
- Highly-trained and experienced installers
- BBB accredited
- Certified with top manufacturers
How often should I have my roof inspected?
The NRCA recommends an inspection on your roof twice per year. During the spring and fall would be the most ideal time, so as to see any impact from the harsher seasons. An inspection should also be done after any major storms with high winds or hail.
What are some warning signs that indicate my roof needs to be replaced?
- Age of roof (typical lifespan for an asphalt roof is 20-25 years)
- Look in your attic for any daylight coming through or stains/streaks which would signal a leak
- Shingles are curling or buckling
- Missing shingles
- Bare spots on your shingle or missing granules that end up in your gutter
Can I meet with the estimator?
When you speak with our customer service team, they will ask if you’d prefer to meet with the estimator. We can make appointments around your schedule. Otherwise, we can take a look at your roof without you being present.
When can I expect a bid?
Once our estimator looks at your roof, you can expect an estimate back typically within one business day.
What is the process if I want to move forward?
If you decide to accept the provided estimate, we will need both a signed contract and signed terms and conditions to move forward. Once received, we will move your project on to our scheduler and they will contact you with an estimated install date.
How long does it take to install a new roof?
Depending on the scope of work installs can be completed in as little as 1-2 business days, weather dependent.
What is my warranty on a residential roof?
South Side Roofing only works with quality manufacturers. The below links to those manufacturer sites should help you. However, if you don’t see your product, please give us a call and we’ll be happy to help.