The Story of South Side Roofing
From humble beginnings to a reputable household name, South Side Roofing has always been St. Louis’s roofing authority.
The year was 1920. Henry C. Binder had been working as a salesman for Roofing Applications Company located in St. Louis. When the owner dissolved the company the customer base was divided into four geographic sections. Each of the top four salespersons was provided a section. Henry was one of those chosen four and was given the “south” section of St. Louis, thus forming South Side Roofing and Sheet Metal Company.
Mr. Binder ran the company until 1962 and then his son-in-law Bob took over as president.
During his term, Bob served as president of both the St. Louis Roofing Contractors Association and the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA). Mr. Binder’s daughter Henrietta then assumed the role of president in 1974. During her tenure of 34 years she served as director of the NRCA and became the first female president of the Roofing Contractors of Greater St. Louis. All the while cementing the status of South Side Roofing as one of St. Louis’ most respected roofing companies.
In 2012 a new ownership group took over the company.
We operate under the principles of ethics, professionalism, simplicity and accountability to our customers. The above mentioned individuals and their families built something truly special. We are merely trying to extend the legacy by providing a quality product for the homeowners and business owners of greater St. Louis. We leave every project with the pride and satisfaction of a job well done.